Winners in the Newton Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Sculpture/3D: Judges Choice: “Dolphin Tales” by Maurice Robinson. 2nd Place: “Road Grader” by Verne M. Goering. Honorable Mention: “Wire tree sculpture” by Lois Hamilton and “Breadbasket” by Hank Heidebrecht.
- Drawing: Judges Choice: “Mother’s Hands” by Robetta Trapp.
- Photography: Judges Choice: “18th Century Daily Life” by Mary Becker Smith. Honorable Mention: “Spring has Sprung” by Mary Lee and “Down the Road” by Dick McCall.
- Christmas: Amateur – Judges Choice: “My Christmas Cardinals” by Rita Patterson. 2nd Place: “Shepherds by Night” by Marie Regehr.
- Christmas: Professional – Judges Choice: “Christmas Anticipation” by R. Allan Lister.
- Fiber Arts: Judges Choice: “Latch-hook Rug” by Dr. Colin Bailey.
- Quilting: Judges Choice: “Jewel Box” by L. Deane Frey. Honorable Mention: “Batik Throw” by Mary Kessler and “Table Runner” by Wanda Harms.
- Needlework: Judges Choice: “Swedish Weaving” by Ann Heidebrecht. 2nd Place: “Peacocks in Paradise” by Mary Eaton.
- Painting: Amateur – Judges Choice: “Storm is Coming” by Bob Grant. 2nd Place: “A Wannabe Place” by Rosella Goering. Honorable Mention: “Memories from the Rockies” by Hulda Schrag, “Colorado Aspens” by Rita Patterson and “Hay Days of Yesterday” by Rebecca Newman.
- Painting: Professional – Judges Choice: “Floral Medley” by Velera Adams. 2nd Place: “Running Wild” by Virgil Penner. Honorable Mention: “The Protester Joan Baez” by Dr. Gene Marsh, “Spring in the Tetons” by Clorene Smith and “Ol’ Firefighter’s Memories” by R. Allan Lister.
The People’s Choice Award, determined by attendees’ votes, was awarded to “Floral Medley” by Velera Adams. It hung over the fireplace in the lobby for a month.
Local competition winners will join winners from 16 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards.